Sunday, January 21, 2018

Trying To Create Focus

The good news this week is that I’m still trying. The ‘bad’ news is that I still don’t feel like I have focus. Sometimes I feel like I’m just floating above myself, as an observer, and I have all of this wonderful advice for this person below, but she won’t listen so she keeps bouncing up against obstacles rather than easing her way through the maze. I can’t seem to scream loud enough for her to hear - but I keep trying.

And so, I keep trying to use tools and tricks and methods that worked for me last year - following a schedule, don’t beat myself up about missing a scheduled workout, at the very least do 30 minutes of activity beyond just ‘steps’ every day, hit my step goal every day, track my food, drink a lot of water - and now just typing all of that out helps me see that while all of these seem like small, simple things, thinking about all of them at once or trying to hit all of them at once seems somewhat daunting. 

I honestly believe I’m going to have to have an actual official coach, or this year will be spent floundering, and become increasing frustrating. Now to find the right coach, and the money.

This week was Week 3 of the TriKC Big Spin group workouts, a bike-run workout. The Run part of the bricks are feeling not terrible, which is encouraging. The cycling part of this week seemed crazy hard, wondering if I was a bit more fatigued than previous week because on paper it shouldn’t have been any more difficult but sure felt like it was. This coming week is a Bike-Swim workout, and sadly I haven’t been in the pool since the last bike-swim group workout.

I have yet to do an official introduction on the Skirt University Facebook group page, mostly because I feel so terribly inadequate and out of my league. I know that’s mostly irrational, but will likely be a lifelong struggle for me. 

A week from today will be race #1 for 2018, my #FiftyOnederful Year (boy I hope I can do that hashtag justice) and the first race in the KC Running Company 100K (10 10K’s) Challenge - the Groundhog Run 10K. It’s run in the Hunt Midwest underground caves, so it’s hot, noisy, and insanely boring, but has to be done for the challenge. A mere 6 days after that is the second race of the year - the Kickoff 5K - not crazy about the route but I’m looking forward to beating my time from last year on that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment