Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sunday Runday - AKA Rock The Parkway Groupie Run Day

So, this was week 4 of the RTP Groupie Runs, and I am totally hooked on running with this group. Coach Dina is fabulous at planning the routes, and we haven't repeated one yet (yes, I realize it's just week four, but WHATEVER).

The weather wasn't bad, just a little wind, but absolutely didn't notice at all after heading out. I absolutely missed my running buddy Flash, who was visiting family in Fort Dodge this weekend - and the rest of the crew who runs in the 12 and over pace seemed to be just waiting for someone to take off, so I did. I was sure they would eventually catch and pass me, but they never did... WOO HOO for me!

Of course at just a quarter of a mile into the run, (the first 1/4 mile was all up hill), I wanted to check my heart rate and pace, and immediately noticed I still had the Garmin set on Cycling - DANGIT... switched it over to Running, so ended up with 2 different activities for one run. HATE THAT.

The run down Lamar was fabulous, and definitely felt a lot shorter than the run back UP Lamar. I'll have to file that little route into my brain as training for HH - Broadway torture!


No comments:

Post a Comment