Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Training Day - 1.31.12

For it to be technically winter time here, we have been extremely fortunate to have experienced incredibly mild, no, down right balmy weather.  This morning at 6am it was 55 degrees outside - today is January 31st - in the midwest.  So - I did what any sane runner would do - I ran outside.  Don't let that 30mph wind get ya down!  It truly was a wonderful, short 3 mile run.  It felt slow, but actually wasn't too bad - even with the pit stop at Panera for a potty break. 


Love the look of the new training schedule given to me by April (who may in future posts be referred to as the Devil) - according to her schedule I should have done just 2 miles, and a treadmill spead workout ... well, I get to slide by on that today since I didn't have the plan until AFTER I had already run this morning.

I'll still get back to the gym later this afternoon to get in the strength training that I should have done yesterday, and then call it done.  Tomorrow morning is a killer Spinning class, then rest for the afternoon.  I still don't do these 'rest' periods very well.

Till next time -

No comments:

Post a Comment